Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Social Media Obsession

I think I'm with the rest of the world on this one (or at least the 600 million people who are Facebook users) that social media is awesome. Many people don't realize how cool it is the way that it connects us, but it has taken over faster than any other platform. Groupon, now estimated to be worth 6 billion dollars is taking OVER the future of e-commerce and still growing by the minute.

Social media is just merely another tool made for humans to connect and share with people all over the world. Sometimes it's weird and overly intrusive...especially Twitter...and I don't think that it is the problem of social media, but rather the weirdos that think it's necessary to tweet out every thought they ever had out into the twitter universe.

There are still some people though (eh-hem...my boyfriend) that just don't get it. Spend some time reading the facts, quotes, opinions and  thoughts of Techcrunch, a blog dedicated to the technology of social media, and maybe you'll get it. I love this stuff, and I'll probably reference more to the blog in the future, but you should definitely check it out if you haven't already. My love for social media only keeps growing, the more I learn about it, and I only hope that I get to work with it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment