Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In the arms of an angel, may you find some comfort here.

This Sunday, one of my best friends from home, Ali Adelmann passed away. She suffered from a traumatic brain injury from a car accident last September. She fought for over one year and five months and I honestly thought that a miracle would come through for her. She was an absolute angel, and after reading this prayer, I realized yeah, she was an angel and she belongs with other angels, where she is now. I don't know why it is that bad things always happen to the best of people, but I know that if Ali could express her thoughts to us or anyone dealing with the pain and sorrow of losing a loved one.. this is what she would say.


if you loved me,
love each other

if you loved me,
please be kind

if you loved me,
take my place now
fill the place I've left behind

you all know that you are special
you all know that you filled my heart
when you love
all those that I loved,
we never really part

if I made a difference,
made your world
a warmer place
wrap your arms around each other
love's a gift too dear to waste

there is no greater honor
no greater prayer for me
than ties which can't be broken
among my family.

RIP Ali, You will be forever missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment