Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Routine

The furthest I've gotten in my new years resolutions and I can honestly say, I've never felt better. I ran a full two miles today...the entire time and didn't even get super winded. This is huge considering about a month ago, you couldn't pay me to make it through one mile.

Instead of coming up with a giant list of resolutions, I decided to come up with a list of things I would like to improve in my life and focus on each one for each month of the year. January is my month to focus on routine. I've spent a good seven months in denial about forming good lifestyle habits and a healthy routine-probably because the first year in the working world you want to spend every second of your life that you're not working (5pm-bed time) doing something that is 1. enjoyable 2.takes very little effort and 3. does not resemble work in anyway. Needless to say I haven't been the best about my work outs, morning routines and well, posting regularly on this blog.

For the month of January that is dedicated to creating and honoring a routine in my life, I will try to
  • exercise better
  • utilize mornings to the fullest
  • blog at night

Like the chart the author develops in the Happiness Project, I created a chart where everyday I check off the three things: a check mark if I succeeded at doing so that day and an X when I didn't. So far (it's been five days) the process of checking and xing these "goals" makes me feel completely accountable for them.   I'm also maintaining a total realistic expectation that life happens and everyday, I may not be able to do all three...but keeping them at the top of my mind each day pushes me to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment