Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Moving Right Along...

I've been in a bit of a slump the past few weeks as I'm constantly waiting to hear back from companies. It seems like every two-three weeks are filled with the same sort of slope: find out about an exciting opportunity, apply, connect, network with everyone I might know to help me get the position, wait, wait wait...and then the slope sluphs off with some sort of vague roadblock: the position is no longer available, timing didn't work out...blah blah blah. This is where my persistence comes in. I am a true fighter and a hard worker so I have been following up like crazy...

and it's not that people aren't hiring right now. They are. It's just that people aren't hiring for entry level jobs right now. It's all about that mysterious 3-5 years experience where I can't seem to catch a break. Can't someone just hire me so that I can spend my time productively and actively working at a company than applying all over the place? I have an interview this friday at an ad agency here in Fort Worth where I'm pretty sure I can convince them I'm the best for the job. After all this job searching, it can become demeaning and frustrating, but I know I AM the best person for the job so I am going to keep on winning...as Mr. Sheen would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment